Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great week so far. I decided to unwind while visiting my parents, plus I only have my iPad with me, so blogging is a little difficult. However, I don’t want to be completely missing, so here is a little goal update!
August Goals Review
Don’t go grocery shopping for two weeks: Pass. I think we did pretty well here. I was very motivated to get a lot of the things we had in the freezer eaten, and we wiped out a fair bit of that. I think we managed two weeks with a little stop in between to get essentials. This is something I would like to continue as I believe you should really only shop when you actually need things. A lot of the food we end up getting is kind of a want.
Go for fifteen walks: Pass! I took a walk with my mom and grandma the night we got here for a mini-tour of the community my parents live in for my fifteenth walk. I just made it!
Read three books: Fail. I started one, but it’s been difficult finding time to read at night. I’ve been reading a little when I have time right now. Maybe I need to find more interesting books…
Open a Roth IRA: Fail. It’s a shame this is still on the list and I know I’m horrible for it. I need to make this a priority.
Negotiate a raise at work: Fail. I didn’t even get a review! One of my bosses was away for a week and a half in the middle of the month, and the end of the month is a very busy time for us. I’m not sure if they are waiting until I come back, but I will be asking about it just in case it fell off their radar.
Secure a Virtual Assistant position: Also fail. I haven’t had time to look. I should say, since I knew I would be away on vacation, I didn’t want to start before then. I should have made this a goal for this month, which I will!
Wake up around 7am: Kind of pass. I have been getting better about waking up early, but it hasn’t been consistent enough. It’s sad to say, but I don’t have quite as hard of a time waking up early as long as I have something to look forward to. Today I woke up at 7 because my mom wanted to get out early, and I had no problems with that. Dreading going to work doesn’t make it easy.
Create a schedule for myself: Fail. I was doing well with this, but again, I wasn’t being consistent enough. Toward the end of the month, as my vacation was getting closer, I was falling off the wagon. The end of the month came quickly and I wasn’t ready! Waking up early is key to this.
Goals for September
I am going to keep the list mostly the same. I need to start being more consistent though, otherwise I won’t see results.
- Wake up early, as it will help me stick to a schedule.
- Create a schedule for myself – waking up early to read and comment on blogs, writing blog posts on the weekend/at night (more than one) in advance.
- Look for a VA position – I won’t say I’ll definitely find one, as there is a lot of competition out there, but looking is better than nothing!
- Open a Roth IRA – this is an important one, and I hope to get this accomplished once I get back.
- Cut down on grocery spending – I want to make it a priority to eat most of the food we have before thinking about making another list. It can be difficult when we run out of ingredients for our favorite meals, but it will help us to prioritize what we enjoy eating the most so that we don’t waste money on other things.
- Walk fifteen times – I think this was a good goal to have and I want to continue walking. I am not sure if I will get to fifteen again, only because it’s getting darker out earlier in the day and becoming more difficult to get out before then. I will try though!
- Exercise more – Besides walking, I also have a kettle bell that’s barely been used. There’s so many video tutorials out there on using them and it’s easy to do at home, so no more excuses for that. Anna has really been kicking butt on planking and squatting, which is also something to do at home, and I want to try my hand at it. On days I don’t make it out to walk, I can do this instead.
- Learn to relax – I have always been a high strung person, and that’s not fun. I’ve been having anxiety on my vacation which has been preventing me from enjoying it to the fullest. It’s something I actively need to work on, and I plan to read the rest of “Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff.” (Not affiliate.) I really do stress over the tiniest things sometimes, and I need to look at the bigger picture. Life is too short to be consumed with stress.
- Make plans for a little weekend getaway - R’s birthday is in October and we did a little combination of celebrating that and our anniversary last year. It didn’t exactly turn out how we wanted, so I want to plan a bit more ahead this time and make sure we get decent prices on things. It will also give us something to look forward to before the holidays arrive.
How did you do on your August goals? What are some of your goals for September?