Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great week. I don’t know why, but each passing week feels like it’s going by faster and faster. With February being such a short month, I’m sure March will be here before we know it. Which means closer to Spring and warm weather!
I’m thinking of possibly breaking this up into day-by-day items. To be honest, there are some days that go by where I don’t take a lot of time to think about what I have to be grateful for. It’s usually a few things that happen throughout the week that are the inspiration for this post. However, I think it would be in good practice to write down at least one thing every day. We’ll see how this goes next week!
- On Monday, we had a horrible snow/sleet/hail mix going on all day. R had to go into work, and I got really worried when he told me his coworker spun out and hit a pole upon leaving. (He’s fine, the car is definitely not.) I always tell him to be careful, and I always mean it! So when he arrived home in one piece after leaving work early, I was relieved. Likewise, I’m glad it managed to happen on Monday so I didn’t have to drive anywhere!
- On Wednesday, the roads were really icy yet again, and since R was off, he drove me to work. He also came to pick me up for lunch, and again when I had to leave. Even though it’s only about 6-8 minutes each way, I thought it was really nice of him. The roads in our little residential area are always horrible, but once you get out it’s not too bad. Plus it kind of felt like we got to spend more time together!
- My mom’s birthday is today! So of course, I am very grateful that she’s still in good health. I do feel disappointed that I can’t celebrate with her, but I plan on baking a cake and showing it to her via Skype.
- I’m being grateful for the fact that our landlord’s finally decided to shovel us a little pathway. They didn’t do anything for us the previous two snow storms, and even though we didn’t get a huge amount this past week, the ice has made things difficult! Many people have been waddling around like penguins.
- As weird as this may sound, I am grateful I don’t have to worry about getting married any time soon. With my coworker planning a wedding, I’m always hearing about some aspect of it every day, and it just sounds so overwhelming! I don’t know how some of you do it – Anna has seemed totally on top of her planning ever since she announced she was engaged. I can only hope to be that organized some day.
- I’m grateful that we managed to go all week without going food shopping (mostly) and eating out. I’ve been thinking about cooking as soon as I get home, and just keeping things warm or heating it up once R arrives. The later it gets, the more tired I get, and the less motivated I am to cook. I really need to look into cooking ahead!
That’s about it for this week. I hope you all have a great weekend!
What have you been feeling grateful about?