Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great week. This one went by pretty fast for me, not sure why. The last week of February is upon us, and I’m hopeful warmer weather will somehow make its way toward us as well.
Let’s try out this new daily format.
- On Sunday, I was grateful for being able to go over my grandma’s house and get laundry and some shopping done. I like to run several errands when we go out, this way we (hopefully) have less to do during the week. I was also grateful that we fixed my car, which resulted in the check engine light turning off.
- On Monday my uncle made me an appointment at his mechanic to get my car checked, just in case. My regular mechanic is about a half hour away now, and I didn’t want to chance my car breaking down, so I was grateful that my relatives knew someone close by. It was okay, but he did a transmission fluid flush for $135, which I wasn’t expecting.
- On Tuesday, I was grateful that work was manageable. One of our coworkers had taken the day off, so it was just myself and the newer person working.
- On Wednesday, I was, as usual, grateful for it being the day my boss is off. Wednesday is our “chill out and relax” day, which makes things less stressful for everyone. It’s also our slowest day for some reason. I was also grateful that I was able to get through the last of the library books that were due, as they weren’t eligible for renewal! I also got to pick up two more that arrived from other libraries.
- On Thursday, R and I managed to finally catch up on some TV shows that we had been neglecting. It felt nice to just relax together. I had gotten blog-related things taken care of before he got home, which doesn’t happen too often! It was also gorgeous outside. I actually cracked the car window open!
- On Friday, I felt grateful for people! Yet again, a repeat customer came back and gave us two boxes of donuts this time. I had initially helped her out, and what do you know, she came back to look at a kitten we had up for adoption. She fell in love and was able to take her home. I love when this happens! Ironically, I was grateful for the flash storm we had, since it both lifted the fog and got rid of a significant amount of lingering snow on the ground. It was quite freaky for the two minutes that it lasted, but had a good impact!
- Saturday hasn’t played out yet (I’m writing this Friday night), but I received some exciting news a few days ago! My cousins decided to come down to surprise my grandma, as it’s her birthday on Sunday. This means I get to see my cousin’s baby again! I’m sure my grandma will be thrilled as well, so it will be nice to have something to look forward to after work.
A few other little things:
- R actually made dinner one night! Gasp. He fully admits to being a horrible cook, and he’s rather insecure when it comes to what little skill he has. I’ve been going for simple but healthy, so I decided to have him cut up some turkey breast, spinach and mushrooms, and toss it all in a skillet with some coconut oil. It ended up coming out fine! He’s so silly for worrying.
- R has also been taking care of some cleaning items in the apartment. I don’t know what it was, but this week I felt kind of blah. In any case, he has been awesome with cleaning out my tea mug and pans every night. I’ve been making tea every morning to take to work, along with eggs for breakfast or lunch, so they’re kind of needed on a daily basis. I’m telling you, it’s the little things that count!
- After finishing a few of my health-related books, I’m feeling pretty grateful for all the information I learned. There is so much science behind how everything in our body works, and it’s a bit overwhelming. Needless to say, I have a decent idea of what I need to do in March to get my eating habits on track. It’s just going to involve a lot of willpower.
I don’t want to necessarily end on a bad note, but unfortunately my check engine light is stubborn and decided to reappear today. My car feels like it’s driving normally, but with a five minute commute, I don’t have a chance to properly test it out.
On top of that, I’ve had yet another toothache, so Monday is looking like a double whammy for appointments. Just how I wanted to spend my weekend! Ah well, I know things could always be worse, but I would love it if I could just be done with car and tooth issues. It feels like they’ve been plaguing me!
Actually, things could be worse. I will be covered by insurance this time (with the dentist), so hopefully it’s cheaper. The only downside is I need to find a new dentist as the one I used last time is not on my plan. So, I am very grateful that I have dental insurance now!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and that yours doesn’t involve trips to the mechanic or dentist.
What are you being grateful for this week? Anyone else having similar problems?