Hello everyone, Happy Friday! I know I skipped out on one of these last week, and I wanted to make sure I got around to it this week.
- I am grateful that we finished Christmas shopping, for the most part. I still need to purchase cards for everyone, but I’m mostly done with buying presents. I think I did okay; R was kind enough to split most of it with me when it came to my relatives, and we ended up getting each other little things that we needed.
- Getting most of our wrapping completed. Bags have been sitting on our table for the past week, ever since we started shopping, and it’s been bothering me! That, and I need to clear it off for when my parents visit, so that was extra motivation. I love wrapping presents, but this year isn’t the same since we don’t really have a tree to put them under.
- Which leads me to my next point. This might sound cheesy to some people, but since my parents are staying at my grandma’s for the first part of next week, we figured we would have a “big” sleepover at her house on Christmas Eve, so that we could all spend Christmas morning together. My grandma has been alone my whole life (my grandpa died a year before I was born), and I always feel bad about it. This makes sense, as we can also put all of our gifts under her tree and open them there instead.
- This one is double sided. Being grateful for being called into work on Monday was difficult, I’m not going to lie. I had a lot of things planned that we didn’t get to on Sunday. I also wanted to do some writing for the blog (and I’ve felt behind all week). I was asked to come in to help out at work, and it ended up being dead. I was upset since I had so much to do and I could have easily been doing it! Apparently it was busy in the morning and people panicked. The good thing that came out of it, is that I get paid double time whenever I have to work on a Monday, and I can use any extra cash I can get this time of year! Now that it’s in the past, and I accomplished most of what I had to do, I’m able to shrug it off. I’m just hoping it doesn’t happen for the rest of the month.
- I’m also grateful that it’s been quiet at work this week. My coworker has been dealing with some health issues and took a few hours off between two days for appointments, leaving only me. I’m still not 100% on everything, so I’m glad that nothing crazy has been happening. A new person is slated to start next Monday, and we’re all anxiously waiting since my boss’s boss hired her. No one has seen or met with her yet (it was done a little backwards).
- Still work related, I am so grateful for days off! I’m normally off on Mondays, but then we have Tuesday and Wednesday off for Christmas Eve and Christmas. We also work half a day on New Years Eve and have off for New Years. I’ll basically have two half weeks. Yay!
- Finally, I’m grateful that there’s only one day left until I see my parents again! It’s hard to believe it’s only been three weeks since we left their house and got stuck in a boatload of traffic. The parents of a coworker live near them, and it took them quite a while to make it up here, but they left at 9am. My parents are planning on leaving at 3am, so hopefully they avoid traffic. I plan on making the most of their time here, as I have no idea when I’ll be seeing them next. My mom has to come up in July (coincidentally around my birthday) for a wedding, but that’s seven months from now! We are still hopeful we won’t be here that late into the year, but we’ll see.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and for those of you who haven’t finished Christmas shopping yet, I hope you’re able to! No one likes the stress of being a last minute shopper or the craziness of the stores.