Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I know I didn’t publish my usual weekend “being grateful” post last week; I figured I would save it for today. Makes sense, as we are all thinking about what we are thankful for (I hope).
- I am grateful for the free pajama pants I got from none other than my grandma. While she is usually a frugal person, I swear shopping is her downfall! I am pretty sure she has 30 pairs of pants, all different colors. She does make yearly donations, but I think she keeps buying. She had purchased these cute pajama pants and never wore them, and I gladly took them. I can always use more, as some of my older ones have developed holes.
- I am grateful that I only had to work two days this week. I am also grateful that my boss was understanding that I had made prior plans to visit my parents, otherwise I’d be working Saturday (I had thought I’d be working M-F during training).
- I am grateful for my cats. They’re silly and adorable, and even when they’re being pains in the butt, they’re a part of our little family. Our life would be a bit boring without them around for entertainment!
- I am grateful for family time. I get to see my parents again, though I know that when I leave, I’ll be wishing it were Christmas just so that they could be up here. I am a little sad I won’t get to see the rest of my family, but hopefully we will be able to Skype with them.
- I am grateful for R. This year has seen us go through a lot – my parents moving, us moving, job changes, and through it all, he’s been supportive. Now that he’s going to be trapped in a car with me for 12 hours, we’ll see how long he lasts =). In all honesty, I’m sure there’s lots of guys out there who don’t want to drive that long to see their girlfriend’s parents. R knows how much it means to me though, and he’s never once complained about going to a family event of mine.
- Lastly, I am always grateful for you guys. The readers that keep coming back, leaving comments, and even contacting me outside of the blog. I truly appreciate how amazing the people of the PF community are. So many of you were welcoming right off the bat, and if it weren’t for that, I’m not sure if this blog would exist. I’m very shy in real life, and it takes a lot for me to put my opinions and stories out there. I’m so glad I started reading blogs this year and for the great experience that blogging has been.
I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy the long weekend! Thank you, as always, for reading!