Hello everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful week. It still feels a little weird to be working on Saturday. Everyone kept talking about how they were so glad it was the weekend, and I kept thinking I still have one more day to go!
R has to work this Monday since one of his coworkers decided to take a trip to Seattle for the football game, so unfortunately that means we will only have Sunday together, plus he got home from work at 8pm yesterday. Sometimes his schedule sucks!
I’m trying to look on the bright side, though. I have to admit, I have been slacking with writing posts ahead of time. I used to use the two Saturday’s he worked as “blog-time,” but since we both have Sunday and Monday off now, I haven’t really been able to dedicate that time to the blog. I feel bad leaving R hanging. This Monday, I really hope to get some posts written!
This week went by really fast, and I feel like I don’t even remember half of what happened!
- For one, I am grateful that we hired a new person to help us in the office. Eventually, when she is ready, she will be joining me on Saturday so that I’m not alone. While I’m really happy about that, I feel bad as the other girl in the office was alone all these years when she worked on Saturday, and now she will be alone on Monday. Then again, if it gets seriously busy, there’s an opportunity for double time for me, so that’s awesome.
- I realize I say I’m grateful for my grandma a lot, but I want to specifically mention how great she is with feeding everyone. You will never leave her house hungry. While one free dinner a week doesn’t seem like a big deal, it’s one less thing I have to worry about. Financially, and planning-wise.
- I am grateful for all the amazing resources that are out there on the internet. Seriously, it’s crazy how much you can research things without ever leaving the comfort of your home (chair/couch). Ever since Erika from Newlyweds On A Budget posted about how she’s been eating paleo, I’ve been on a kick to find as many recipes as possible. I have to give a shout out to Jefferson as well, as I know he has experienced a lot of success with this, too. I was excited (and grateful) to find that my library had updated its e-book offerings on paleo books since last year. It turns out that Primal Cravings (cookbook; not affiliate) is on there, and I am itching to dig in…literally. It had come out around my birthday last year, but I decided not to ask for it for some reason. Kind of glad I waited!
- Along with amazing resources, I’ve been trying to read more about blogging and freelancing to ready myself for the possible switch when we move. I know a lot of people say to just jump in and get experience, but I’d like to go about it the right way (as much as possible) the first few times around. It’s really exciting to read success stories, as well as hear others talk about the struggles they faced. I am strongly thinking about joining a few communities to network more.
- I am grateful that R had a good December at work and will be receiving a decent bonus check soon. He always gets kind of bummed when he doesn’t hit a top tier in sales, and apparently they just re-structured it so that you need to sell more to get bonuses now. His primary job doesn’t always involve selling, so it can be difficult to reach quota at times, but when he does, I can tell his confidence goes up a smidge, and it’s kind of cute.
- I am grateful for my parents, of course, but my mom is so silly sometimes. Apparently, she forgot the first present she bought for me since it was “so long ago,” and had to ship it up here. I told her not to worry about it, because I didn’t really want presents in the first place (!!), and I could always get it when I see them next. I guess it couldn’t wait, so now I have something to look forward to this weekend.
- I am grateful for all the inspirational goals a lot of you have been posting. I personally don’t believe in resolutions for the New Year, mostly because no one I know is into them. I will still continue setting my monthly goals, but there are a lot of bigger things I’m hoping to accomplish this year which will be ongoing projects.
- One of which is to make a plan for my student loans, and R’s. We have these big numbers we are tossing money at monthly, but when will those big numbers be little, more manageable numbers? A lot of you have tentative debt payoff dates set, and I’m a little ashamed to say I haven’t thought that far. With the move being up in the air this year, so much could change (hopefully for the better), so I can’t really know what our cash flow will look like six months from now, but I can guess, so I will! I think it will give me the extra motivation I need to either try and earn more or somehow cut back.
What are you being grateful for this week? Any plans for the weekend?