This week was crazy for me. Things are coming to a head at work and I’ve come home exhausted and hungry as I haven’t been able to take a lunch break (except for yesterday). I was planning on writing a separate post about it this week, but I didn’t have it in me. The last thing I wanted to do was talk about work after a long day. It’s just felt like a really long week, and I am glad the weekend is finally here.
That said, it always helps me to remember that things could be worse. No matter how stressful my job is, I know there’s others who work longer and harder than I do. I am trying to cut back on complaining as most things at work are out of my control now, but I’m sure just about everyone is guilty of venting about work once in a while. However, not taking it home with you can be beneficial, to an extent, so I’ve just been trying to focus on myself when I get home instead.
I saw other posts by Sarah and Alexandra about gratitude, and I think it’s important for us to step back and reflect about the things that are going right in life, even if they’re small. I have been a pessimist for so long that being grateful doesn’t come naturally to me, which is why it’s all the better that I get into the habit of doing it.
So this week, I’ve been grateful for:
- Having my usual dinner night at my grandma’s house
- The fact that my grandma was kind enough to hold all our winter clothes in her attic, and wash mine as they smelled like smoke, courtesy of my parents…
- Finding out the amazing news that I got a score of 100 on my civil service test, which might open a lot of doors (more on this next week)
- Putting priority back on my relationship. Being so stressed has impacted everything around me, and while R is very supportive in general, it’s hard for him to sit there and see me so unhappy. It was time I stop letting stress hold me back and instead I just let myself enjoy our nights together.
- The nice weather we have been having, which I should savor apparently, as it’s supposed to get warmer again.
- Seeing my paint color ideas come to life as my parents paint their house. I never got around to making a post about how we decorated while I was there (I will!), but it took us about three days to decide on paint colors, and everything is coming out really well. It can be tough to start with nothing since the house was all white!
- In general, the fact that I am in decent health, and my family is, too.
- Speaking of, my cousins had a baby! They were there from 6am and the baby was finally born around midnight. Whew! They had to induce her as her doctor had to take a few days off, so Thursday was the cut off date. I’m so excited for them and can’t wait to see her, hopefully in a few months.
- That the internet started working again! I was talking with my parents about it and my dad asked me if the wireless antenna was bent. It was straight. I didn’t realize it could bend…oops! So hopefully no more woes with that!
- For my 2 year anniversary with R, which is tomorrow. We don’t have any fancy plans as we usually save that for next month in combination with his birthday. I need to scout out Groupons or just find somewhere cheap to go :). I cannot believe we hit the 2 year mark already. It seems like just yesterday he was accompanying me to my classes at college to hang out with our friends.
I am not sure if I’ll do this every week, but I felt like it was important to get out there. The reason I haven’t been continuing posts of the week is that sadly, I haven’t had time to read everything I want to, and I don’t want to possibly leave something out. Plus, I’ve seen others comment that a post filled with a bunch of links is kind of boring. So if I do continue it, I might pair it with this kind of post quickly at the end.
I hope you all have a great weekend! Anyone have plans? What are you grateful for this week?