Hi everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I am trying to use my time wisely and productively to get as much blog writing done as possible. There is such a difference during the weeks I already have everything set to go vs the weeks when I’m unprepared. R and I may possibly take a little day trip up to the mountains on Monday, but we will have to see how everything pans out. We are still tentatively looking at next weekend for a weekend getaway, and then November 2nd I have a party upstate as well. Busy busy! For some reason there are a lot of autumn birthdays in my family so it tends to be hectic.
However hectic it may be, though, I have to find the time to remind myself of being grateful for all the things that have been (or haven’t been) happening in my life lately.
- I may have complained about my job situation this past week, but at least I have a job. I know what it’s like to be unemployed and frantically looking, and I am not keen on putting myself in that situation again. I know it could be a lot worse.
- When I was visiting my parent’s in their new home, we happened to meet some of their neighbors (N & S). This one couple was so sweet, and happened to live next-door to my parent’s. Unfortunately, my mom informed me a few weeks ago that they had been square dancing, and N fell and hit her head. She was rushed to the hospital and had some short-term memory loss. My mom just told me she is coming home today! I’m really glad because there was a week without seeing S come back home, and we were worried. I know it sounds silly as I only met them twice, but on our last day they came over with some tomatoes and cantaloupe from a farmer’s market to wish us good bye. Talk about southern hospitality!
- My grandma is going through somewhat of a rough time, as she just learned one of her long-time friends has cancer. She’s trying to help as much as possible as the wife of this friend had 2 hip replacements and can’t really get around without help. It just makes me thankful my grandma is in good health for her age. I can’t imagine how hard it must be to see your friends suffer, either. It was very somber news to say the least. It also means the end of her weekly Friday card games with these friends.
- In brighter news, I am grateful that I have a great boyfriend that cares about me. Monday it was pouring when I got out of work, and I didn’t really want to get on the highway to drive home. I popped over my grandma’s house (which is thankfully less than 5 minutes from my job) and asked him to meet me there (it’s on his way home) so I could follow him home. I really don’t like driving in such bad weather – our highway has known spots of flooding and the mist that cars in front of you give off makes it worse.
- I am grateful for the money I do have. While a lot of us struggle with our debt, we are making strides against it, as small or large as they may be. As annoying as it is to have that monthly payment to make, at least I know I can make it without issue. I often feel like I don’t make enough, but sometimes it’s important to realize what I have been able to afford on this income and still be proud of myself.
- Nice weather has returned! It’s been cloudy the majority of this week, and that’s never fun. However, blue skies are back today and I am hoping to get outside a bit later.
- This sounds silly, but I am happy for how awesome my library is. We were able to watch all seasons of NCIS and Castle by borrowing the DVDs from them, now we are starting on Breaking Bad, and they have a great selection of e-books. I am always thrilled when a book I want to read is available for download right away, instead of having to make the trip there. I know that sounds lazy, but since we’ve moved, the library isn’t very close anymore.
- On the same note, I am grateful for free music via podcasts and radios like Pandora and the new iTunes radio. Most podcasts I listen to are 1-2 hours long, without commercial interruptions, which is great! Podcasts are so easy to manage, too. R has been using some to run along with as you can set it and forget it.
As a little aside, I am always grateful for others sharing my posts. This is a bit late as I didn’t do this post last week, but thank you to Matt, Kim, Andrew & Tonya for sharing my posts these past few weeks.
What are you grateful for this week?