Yet another award has made its way on the blog scene, and I’ve been nominated by two lovely ladies – thanks Shannon and Kali! – so of course I have to participate! Others are unaware of the origins of this award, and don’t know what it’s an award for.
I did some Googling and the only thing I can come up with is this website, which isn’t entirely helpful. Most other bloggers have surmised that this is just another excuse for us to be a little bit more personable!
I’m sure you’ve seen some other bloggers post their 7 random facts about themselves, but if not, here it goes.
To be honest, I am having a hard time coming up with things. I feel like I share so much with you already, and I’ve already done a few other Q & A type posts. Ack!
Nonetheless, I’ve given it my best try here! If you’re unsatisfied, leave a comment with a random question you’d like to ask me. I’ll entertain anything as long as it’s not super personal. =)
My 7 Random Facts
1. My closest friends and family like to poke fun at “the many faces of Erin.” I have a face for just about everything, and they’re quite amusing to most people. Unfortunately, my “default” face is a bitch face. I have no clue why, but I tend to intimidate people with that. So if you find me at FinCon, please don’t think I’m scary or pissed off. I’m likely caught up in my thoughts, or just really clueless and lost. Probably the latter.
2. I like to think I’m stronger than I really am, and initiate lots of play fights with R. It’s inevitable that I end up injuring myself in the process. My dream is to someday be able to beat him up, but that’s highly unlikely given his 6’4″ frame. Sigh. (Sarcasm, though I wouldn’t mind knowing how to defend myself from others!)
3. I love video games! I love reading as well, but I find that video games offer more opportunities to immerse yourself in a story (I only play RPGs). I know there’s a negative stigma surrounding them, and they’re not for everyone, but getting lost in a book or a game is one way I unwind. I also love to listen to certain video game music.
4. I grew up thinking I’d be an author. Everything was fine and dandy with this until I took a Creative Writing class in 11th grade. That doesn’t make sense, right? My teacher was awful and all my dreams of becoming an author went down the drain after taking that class. I literally skipped out on that class to go to my favorite English teacher’s class instead. Of course, I continued to write papers throughout college, but it wasn’t until I started blogging that I found joy in it again.
5. I am, by definition, legally blind without my glasses or contacts. I don’t really like using that phrase, because I can still see things, they’re just really fuzzy. Unlike Shannon, I’m super scared of lasik, but it would be nice to have the ability to see clearly upon waking up.
6. I am very much afraid of thunderstorms. Even just thunder. When I was 5 years old, a horrible storm passed through the area, and I remember hearing an awful sound nearby. It turned out that lightning had struck our neighbor’s chimney, and the bricks had fallen down. Ever since, I’ve been super paranoid about lightning hitting the building I’m in. I can’t sleep through storms, and I whimper like a puppy any time I see lightning, subsequently annoying anyone around me.
7. On that note, I also really dislike cloudy days. For the past week, we’ve had way more overcast days than sunny days, and it’s been killing my mood! I don’t mind having one or two rainy days where I can relax, but I could never live in constant dreariness. It’s just so blah. Does anyone else feel the same?
I’m supposed to nominate 7 others for this award, but I feel like so many of you have been nominated already! So hopefully these great bloggers haven’t been nominated yet, and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s posts!
Melissa @ Sunburnt Saver
Cat @ Budget Blonde
Lisa @ Lisa vs. the Loans
Amanda @ My Life, I Guess
Brooke & Genevieve @ PF Twins
Ashley @ Saving Money in your Twenties
Tell me a random fact about yourself in the comments, or feel free to ask me more questions if you’d like to get to know me better!