Happy Friday everyone! This week has been slightly crazy. First of all, the weather starts off cold, then gets warm, and ends up super chilly! I felt unprepared when I walked outside this morning. I think I am going to have to start wearing a heavier jacket. I can’t believe R is still walking around in just long sleeves. Brr! I love the 60 degree weather, but only when bundled up appropriately =). I love hoodies, though I’ve barely worn them since getting an office job, as they’re obviously not appropriate for business casual. We’re not even allowed to wear them on Friday.
That will all change soon enough, though, as I got a new job! Yes! I’m so excited. I will be sharing more details next week, but for now let’s just say it’s been a bit of a whirlwind process. You may remember I had been thinking about looking, but ultimately I decided that I would stay as things seemed promising. Giving your 2 weeks is never fun, and I do feel as though I kind of blindsided my bosses. I felt very guilty, but the one coworker I told has been really supportive, and I’m really being grateful for that this week. It can be easy to be selfish and think of all the work she’s going to have to do, but instead she’s happy for me. Her birthday is right around the corner, and I am glad I’ll be able to stay to make her some brownies to celebrate. It’s our office tradition to get ice cream cake and some of us are so sick of it – including her. She doesn’t want a cake at all, and I figured it’ll be a sort of good-bye present as well.
I have a lot to be grateful for this week.
- Final update – my parents went to visit their neighbor who seems to be making a great recovery. Everyone in the community has given her soup apparently; she joked about having a gallon of it between the fridge and freezer. I’m glad she’s finally in the clear!
- My bosses taking the news as well as they could. Again, it’s not the greatest timing at all, but I was so worried about what they would think.
- The possibility that plans to visit my parents for Thanksgiving may work out after all. It’s still up in the air, as it is a 12 hour drive, and that’s a lot to do for just 4 days, but it could (hopefully) be fun.
- Work being a bit on the slow side the first two days of the week. Finally getting some time to breathe was nice, but we spoke too soon as it got very busy later on Wednesday.
- My grandma, as usual! I had switched my clothes around, but when I took my winter clothes out, they all smelled like smoke from being in the old house. My parents are smokers, and pretty much everything I brought over smelled like smoke. I really didn’t want to bring smelly clothes into my closet, so my grandma washed everything. For some reason, my clothes always shrink, so most of them cannot go in the dryer. She air dried them in her garage and then ironed them all, which she didn’t have to do at all. I don’t know what I’d do without her! (Spend lots on washing clothes…)
- Amazon. This sounds a bit on the trivial side, but my grandma rarely lets anyone know when she needs something. So when she does, I always check out alternatives for her. I was able to find filters for her humidifier for about $6 less than what she would have paid at Sears. Plus it saved her a trip and gas. She was pleased, and they arrived in 2 business days without Prime! I always feel good when I am able to help her out, even in a small way.
- Craigslist, for my dad. He had thrown out a radial arm saw while making the move (it wouldn’t fit), and he was able to score one for $100. It turns out this particular model had a recall on it, so he ordered the recall kit which was free, and he basically received a bunch of new parts for it. For those of you not familiar with this stuff (like me), apparently new ones can run over $1,000. My dad was really disappointed that this piece was missing from his little shop, so I’m glad he was able to get a good deal on it.
- My cats, for providing me with endless entertainment. As much of a nuisance the kitten can be sometimes (she’s been jumping on everything), she is so spastic it’s hilarious. She’ll run all over the place, hopping on things as she goes, and it’s quite amazing to watch. It’s as if she makes her own obstacle course to run.
- Tissues. Something really simple (and sadly wasteful) to help with my damn allergies. Ugh!! They’ve been getting worse each day this week as it’s been windy out.
That’s it for this week! Anyone have anything fun planned for the weekend? R is working this Saturday, so I think I’ll be catching up on some reading and cleaning. I am hoping to take a “practice walk” to my new job, as it is conveniently 1.4 miles away. I’d love to be able to walk on nice days, and want to see how long it will take me.
What are you grateful for this week?