First of all, I would like to thank Ron over at Running from Debt for nominating me for the Liebster Award. From what I gather, this award serves several purposes. It allows us newer bloggers to come together, discover each other’s blogs, and form a little community. I think it’s important to shine the light on new blogs, because everyone starts somewhere, and no one starts with a huge reader base. Hopefully this can help everyone out a bit, and we get to know each other in the process.
Rules for the Liebster Award
- Only up-and-coming Blogs with less than 200 Twitter followers can be nominated for the Liebster Award.
- The award must be passed down to other blogs in the same category as your blog.
- When nominated, you must post 11 random facts about yourself
- After writing 11 random facts, answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Come up with 11 questions of your own for your nominees.
- Nominate 5 other bloggers for the award, link to them, and let them know you nominated them by commenting on one of their posts.
- Do not nominate the person who nominated you.
11 Random Facts About Me
I have an adorable orange cat named Ginny.
My favorite season is fall.
My birthday is in July.
My favorite colors are purple and blue.
I’ve had surgery twice for heartburn (and hernia’s) which didn’t really help. I’ve had acid reflux for about a decade now, but it’s slowly going away and I took myself off my medication. Pills suck.
Speaking of, I find it really difficult to swallow most pills. There’s a 40% chance I’ll choke on it.
I’ve been skiing twice and would love to go back, except for the expense…
My favorite drink usually revolves around vodka. Sweet tea vodka is great!
I don’t really watch movies. The prospect of sitting there for two and a half hours viewing something that may or may not suck doesn’t thrill me. So if you feel inclined to reference movies around me, which a lot of people do, just know I’ll have no idea what you’re talking about.
I don’t like soda. I usually only drink water or iced tea. I also don’t like bacon!
Answers to the Questions Ron Asked
1. When did you start blogging? I started blogging in mid-May.
2. What would be your ultimate vacation? That’s a hard one as there’s a lot of places I would like to travel to. So I guess, if we’re going “ultimate,” it would be to travel to every destination I’d like to and I’d give it about three months. But that probably won’t happen.
3. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money? It depends on how much I won. First, I would pay off my student loans. Then I would set aside a modest amount for a house payment, and some rental properties. I would give some to my parents and charities, and then invest the rest.
4. If you were in a circus, who would you be and why: The Ringmaster, Trapeze Artist, or Clown? I really don’t like circuses, or clowns, but I guess I would be the Ringmaster because I highly doubt I could fling myself around efficiently enough to qualify as a trapeze artist.
5. What is one project your are currently working on? My blog!
6. If you can only listen to one album, what would it be? I mostly listen to podcasts, or individual songs, not so much albums. So I don’t have much of a selection to choose from. Probably Sunset Beach DJ Session by ATB because it’s relaxing, and it’s definitely something you can listen to at the beach!
7. What is the farthest distance you have ever ran in one day? I am not a runner, so I have no idea how much of a distance I have actually been able to run. My boyfriend has done a marathon and I don’t know how people do those types of things! One of my goals for the summer is to definitely get in to walking and running around though.
8. What is your favorite type of cuisine? Italian!
9. If you can be anyone in history for one day, who would you be? I don’t really know…I’m not much of a history person (my friends are).
10. What is your fondest childhood memory? Is it sad I don’t really have one? I’m very boring. I don’t have any nice family vacation memories because we barely ever went on vacation, and I can’t remember much past age 14. I guess reading my summers away, because I enjoyed devouring book after book and imagining myself as a character. I don’t get many chances to read anymore sadly.
11. What would you accomplish if you knew you could not fail? I would become a federal agent for the FBI, CIA or NCIS or something like that. I would ideally like to be a detective in my lifetime, but I’m not sure if that’s going to happen anymore. But it would be comforting knowing I couldn’t fail, so I’d be able to catch all of those jerks out there. Hopefully also by not failing that means not dying :/.
- Are Ya Gonna Eat That? (6th mention since I didn’t realize she had less than 200 followers until just now!)
I know most people were probably tagged already, but I have to admit the majority of the blogs I read are already established. So if anyone else knows of new blogs, let me know! Everyone can feel free to answer the questions or give me some random facts about themselves in the comments (especially if you were tagged and already made a post on your blog). I always love learning more about fellow bloggers :).
Questions for My Nominees
- Why did you start blogging, what topic do you blog about, and why do you blog about it?
- What is your favorite place to vacation in?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your favorite meal to eat? Care to share a recipe?
- Do you enjoy doing household tasks like laundry, cleaning the dishes, and vacuuming?
- What is your favorite scent? (Can be perfume, flowers, food, etc.)
- What do you hope to have accomplished in ten years?
- Are you happy with your job right now? Why or why not?
- If you could be in one profession/industry, what would it be?
- How likely would you be to return a wallet with a load of cash in it if you found it randomly on the street with contact info contained inside?
- What are your plans to market your blog and get more readers?
Hope you enjoyed!